Who can hire?
Vehicles covered by our insurance are available for hire to anyone aged 25 to 70 who has held a full UK Drivers Licence for 2 years or more.
If you have endorsements on your licence please ring your local depot to check if you can still hire a vehicle from us. Having points on your licence does not automatically disqualify you from renting a vehicle, but we will need to consider your circumstances and situation before making a decision.
Your home address must lie within a 22 mile radius of the Limesquare branch you wish to hire the vehicle from, supported by the relevant documentation to verify this.
Making a booking
Bookings can be made over the phone with the branch you wish to collect the vehicle from, or through this website. Please note that website bookings are not confirmed until you receive an email from Limesquare containing your confirmation details and reservation number.
What to bring when collecting your vehicle
When you arrive to collect your vehicle you will need to provide:
- A full valid UK Drivers Licence. If it is one of the new licences you must supply the photo ID card. With effect from 8th June 2015, the paper part of the UK Drivers Licence is no longer accepted so you will also need to log on to www.gov.uk/view-driving-licence, generate a check code, and bring this with you when you collect your vehicle so that we can view your licence online (more information can be found on our FAQs page). All licences must be the original as photocopies cannot be accepted.
- Two other original forms of ID and address, made up from any two of the following: passport, recent utility bills or recent bank statements.
- A valid credit or debit card.
Please note that you are welcome to add additional drivers onto the hire policy (for a small extra fee), but they must be present when the vehicle is picked up and must also supply the documentation and check code as listed above.
A refundable deposit is payable by credit or debit card at the beginning of any hire to cover our insurance policy excess. The deposit amount depends on the type of vehicle hired as detailed below:
- £250.00 for a car of any size or a van up to and including a Short Wheel Base. The vehicle must remain in the UK for the duration of the hire.
- £500.00 for a van that is larger than a Short Wheel Base and for a truck of any size. The vehicle must remain in the UK for the duration of the hire.
This deposit is fully refundable upon safe and undamaged return of the vehicle.